Thursday, May 22, 2008

Confessions of a Bad Blogger


I just got back from an annual trip to Washington DC for an industry conference, and I really missed Jack and Abby while I was gone. I have to say, this is probably the first trip I have been on in years (since Jack was a baby) that I actually got homesick. I asked Michael to send me photos of the kids while I was away, and I have included two of the pictures he sent to cheer me up. The picture of Abby really shocked me, because her face looks so much less baby-ish than the face I carry in my heart when I leave home.

I meant to post a few things while I was out of town, but the hotel's wireless and ethernet networks were basically non-functional in my room, and I left my air card in the office. Silly me! So, I am trying to get caught up today. While this blog is for all of our family and friends, I am also using it to document some of the things Michael and I will want to remember. Lucky for Michael, Abby has been sick a lot more than usual lately, so he has been staying at home with her while I have been out of town. Our timing always seems to work out that way - I leave town, and one of the kids gets sick. Michael always takes it very well when this happens, and he keeps me updated on how Abby or Jack is doing by email. Here are some excerpts from recent emails that Michael has sent while he has spent time at home with Abby:

I almost just cried. I was sitting on the floor talking to Julie (at the office) and watching Abby play, and she started looking a little sleepy while she was playing with the box of blocks. She plopped down, crawled over to me, pulled herself up on my shirt and put her head on my shoulder. It was the sweetest thing I think I’ve ever seen in my whole life!

Abby is extra snuggly when she is sick...this is not so bad.

I wanted to include these little remembrances in our blog, because one day, it may not be so easy to remember what a sweet little girl Abby was at 1. Also, I am so blessed to have a husband like Michael who is a full partner in all of our parenting responsibilities. He never complains about staying at home with the kids if I need to go into the office, and since I started travelling, I know he has logged way more sick kid time than I have. Here's to Michael - Super Dad!

No comments: