Friday, May 30, 2008

Jack's Prayer

I missed out on dinner time with the kids last night, and Michael just sent me this email with a description of what happened at our dinner table with Jack and Abby while I was away:



Last night, we were getting ready to bless our food, and Jack said “Daddy, can we thank God first and then say “God is great”? Of course, I said yes, and he proceeded to say “Thank you God for Abby, thank you God for Mommy, thank you God for Daddy, thank you God for our food, and thank you God for my pirate fork.” And then he went straight into “God is great…” I just about fell out of my chair in shock because he was so serious about it.

Then, I got up to get him some milk, and when I turned around he was out of his chair giving Abby a kiss, and before I said anything, he climbed back in his chair, and said “Daddy, here’s a kiss for you too”, blew me a kiss, and then blew you a kiss. THEN, he said “Daddy, I’m gonna give God a kiss too”, kissed his hand, raised it up high, and said “here’s a kiss for you too, God”. Amazing. I was just amazed.




See, Michael is blogging already - he just doesn't know it yet!

No comments: